December, am I right? We don’t know about you, but every year seems to fly by faster than the last! As much as we say we are going to start shopping for holiday gifts in October, we still always start at the beginning of December. When will we learn!?!?
Shopping has been different for us ever since Leonie read The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo. The idea of being happy with less changed our lives and has inspired us sooo much. Living with less and being happy about it is what led Leonie to create products that promote *joy and happiness* through self-care, wellness and sustainability! We came up with some neat practical gift ideas that we think your special someone will enjoy for many years! Keep reading to see what we recommend and why we chose it!
- Sweet Treats! If you don’t have a sweet tooth, are we even really friends? JK! But if you do, we know some pretty sweet spots that will hit your sweet spot (you see what we did there?) Cupcakes/Cakes from Wednesday Cake Co. or Cookies from Sweet Chantilly by Joyce (Check IG: @sweetchantillybyjoyce). We ordered cupcakes from Wednesday Cake for our wedding (#noregrets) and Leonie has been eating cookies by Sweet Chantilly since she was a kid and every year they get better than the last. If you want to woo that special someone, GET THEM THESE SWEET TREATS LIKE NOW!!!!
- Ligaya Eye Pillow from Leonie Lemon because relaxation, duh! Ligaya Eye Pillows aren’t just for your eyes. They can also be heated using your microwave and placed over stiff muscles. Hey, why not put a warm eye pillow in your sweater for those blistering cold San Diego nights! They’re an all purpose type of gift. Don’t you want to relax more in 2019, anyways?
- Plants! Help your friend breath well with an air-cleaning plant! Your loved one will have to water/mist this plant every single week which will make him/her think of you every time he/she does so! 😉
- Reusable Tumbler/Water-Bottle There are so many cute ones and you won’t be contributing to landfill! Mother Earth will be one happy little lady! Leonie has been using this one for years and loves that the water always tastes crisp. It’s also safe to add doTERRA Essential Oils in this water bottle because the container is glass!
- DIY Dry Shampoo because let’s be honest, ain’t nobody got time for that! Jk! No one says that anymore, do they? Anywho… We hooked you up with a little DIY if you scroll to the end! Label it with something cute and your friend will be so happy that you took the time (that you will never get back!) to make them something special and unique with your own bare hands!
- doTERRA Essential Oils are a great way to start 2019 so fresh and so clean. doTERRA is Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade and can be used by all ages, genders and even pets! There are so many ways to incorporate essential oils in your life that I’m pretty sure it will blow your mind!
- What’s more practical than a tool? A MULTI tool! Here are two great inexpensive multi tools that are small enough to always carry with you, because you don’t ever need a tool until you are in a situation when you actually need a tool, right?! Justin recommends either a Gerber or a Leatherman… choose wisely.
- Audible subscription! This is the perfect gift for that multi-tasker friend. Leonie loves Audible! You can listen when you clean your house, while you’re folding laundry, while you’re taking a nice brisk walk, or when you just want to relax with your Ligaya Eye Pillow and listen to someone read to you in bed! You can gift a one month subscription for as low as $15! Check out the deals here!
- One of our fave sustainable finds that we personally have been using for years has been this sponge by Skoy. Not only is this sponge super sustainable (you can throw it in your washing machine so you never have to replace it!), but it’s also packaged in the USA using recycled paper and packed by people with disabilities – The Arc of San Diego!
- Stasher Bags! These are reusable, super nice lookin’ ziplock bags! They’re silicone, leak proof and so eco-friendly! We haven’t bought ziplocks in yeeeaaaars and you probably won’t have to anymore either! Why should you? These are so pretty and so easy to care for! You can put food in it, makeup, nuts, bolts, etc.! The possibilities are endless!
There ya have it! We just hooked you up with 10 practical, sustainable and suuupppper cool goodies that we hope will last you or your loved ones many, many years! <3